Dog Run Fences
For many dog owners, the goal is to provide protection and an area to play outdoors, without the possibility of the dog damaging or soiling other areas of the lawn or property.
Dog runs are an ideal solution in such cases:
- Dog runs can be constructed in custom sizes and heights, depending on the size or your dog
- Runs will protect your dog with low maintenance, lower cost chain link or other materials
- Dogs are limited to their run fence area, retaining the condition of the remaining lawn
Dog run fences are a great option for large yards or farms, where you may not want the expense or appearance of fencing the entire area.
Dog runs are also ideal for kennels or breeders, to segregate dogs that are ill or caring for puppies.
Wood or Farm Fences
Wood fences provide a great look for large acreage or agricultural property, and they have other advantages:
- Slightly cheaper than chain link
- Provides a more aesthetic look for rural property
Vinyl Dog Fences
While vinyl fencing is typically more expensive initially, this material offers several advantages:
- Low maintenance – essentially maintenance free
- No painting or staining
- Attractive and durable
- Resistant to rot
Additional Considerations for Your Dog Fence Needs
There are certainly even more sizes and personalities in dogs than there are dog fence options.
To accommodate their needs, you should consider your pet’s characteristics when selecting the best fence solution:
- Is your dog a climber or capable of jumping a shorter fence? When building a dog run fence, you may want to include a top that keeps them contained safely in the run. This is also certainly a factor in selecting your type of fence construction, to keep them securely in the yard.
- If your dog is very small, this may rule out ornamental fence materials with wider gaps such as wrought iron, since they may squeeze through even small openings.
- Diggers who may be capable of tunnelling under your fence can be foiled by including dig guards in your construction.
Why Choose First Class Fencing?
First Class Fencing is a team of experienced fence builders in Alberta that offer our residential, commercial, and agricultural customers many advantages for building the best fence for your dog: